Level 1 Rigger Certification Course
Program status: Currently accepting applications
The Level 1 Rigger Certification Course takes 1 day to complete. After the course, you are fully prepared to be a competent rigger on any jobsite.
Taught by an accomplished Red Seal crane instructor and Rigger Certifier, the Level 1 certification training program combines in-class content with practical experience. Students receive classroom theory and hands on practical training including calculating load weights, finding load center of gravity, rigging loads and making actual crane lifts giving direction to the crane operator. The goal of the Level 1 training program is to equip you for a safe career as a knowledgeable and confident rigger.
Tuition and fees
$975.00 + gst (includes all assessment, certification fees and manual)
- Crane and hoisting hand signals
- Load weight estimation
- Location of the load centre of gravity (COG)
- Rigging hardware and appropriate uses
- Rigging hardware inspection and rejection criteria (regulations varied by jurisdiction)
- Use of rigging tables to select appropriate hardware for hoisting
- Sling angle capacity calculation
- Care and storage of rigging hardware
- Common hazards and safety around cranes and overhead hoists
- Lift planning and advanced topics awareness
Assessment is completed by the instructor who is a Rigger Certifier.
After you are certified as a Level 1 Rigger you will receive a Fulford Cranesafe picture ID wallet card valid for 3 years.
If you want to take the next step and become a certified crane operator, Bigfoot Crane Academy has many options to propel you into a high paying career as a fully certified Level A crane operator.
- Minimum grade 10 education
- Good reading comprehension
- Fluent English
The Level 1 Rigger Certification Course is scheduled on demand. Classes are from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm (with 30 minutes for lunch) from Monday to Friday at Bigfoot Crane Company, 2170 Carpenter Street in Abbotsford B.C.
Click here to download more information about Bigfoot’s Level 1 Rigger Certification Course.