Crane & Rigging Conference | Industrial Crane & Hoist Conference
CRC/ICHC is an independent crane, rigging, and hoist conference for safety and risk managers, crane and rigging supervisors, fleet managers, and other people working with cranes in construction and heavy industry.
Launched in 2010 by MCM Events, the conference has been held in both the United States and Canada in partnership with various leading crane training and crane and rigging products providers. Education sessions are presented by crane and rigging experts, representing contractors, engineers, insurance providers, crane rental companies, training providers, and health and safety professionals, to name a few.
While some crane and rigging safety topics are timeless, others are predicated by industry trends, changes in standards and regulations, new technology, and shifts in labor demands. Conference staff consists of editors from Crane & Rigging Hot Line, ILH and Lift and Hoist International—individuals who have their ear to the ground regarding issues affecting users of cranes.
More than just a lecture-style conference, CRC/ICHC offers attendees opportunities for networking in small groups, experiencing hands-on learning, and the chance to visit vendors during exhibit hours.
- Joint Sessions addressing broad trends, technology, and business issues.
- Choices of multiple breakout sessions specific to mobile cranes, tower cranes, overhead cranes, and rigging topics.
- Interactive sessions where attendees can try out crane simulators, rigging apps, or rigging inspection.
- Small-group sessions where attendees can interact with industry experts one-on-one.
- Exhibit center featuring approximately 30 vendors.
- Breakfast and Lunch provided.
Typical attendees include contractors, engineering firms, various construction user groups, unions, and crane and rigging professionals. The conference sessions are geared for safety and risk managers, crane and rigging supervisors, fleet managers, and small business owners. The following list is a sample of some of the companies that have attended past CRC/ICHC events.
Alon Refining ,Alltec Lifting Systems ,AmQuip,Balfour Beatty,BP,Buckner Companies,Chicago Bridge & Iron,Conoco Phillips,Crane Rental Corp.,Dow Chemical,Dupont,Eastman Chemical,Exxon Mobil,Gamesa Wind,Graycor Industrial,H&E Equipment,Imperial Crane,IUOE,Kansas City Power & Light,Kiewit Energy,LyondellBasell,Mammoet USA,Massmann Construction,Mortenson Construction,Peterson Beckner,Ray Anthony International,Shaw Group,Tennessee Valley Authority,Top Flight Steel,Turner Industries,US Army Corp of Engineers, US Navy
Previous Industry Supporters
Over the years, a number of regional and national industry organizations have supported CRC/ICHC.
Among them are:
- ABC, Pelican Chapter and Greater Houston Chapter
- Association of Crane and Rigging Professionals
- Association of Equipment Management Professionals
- Canadian Hoisting & Rigging Safety Council
- Construction Users Roundtable
- Crane Certification Association of America
- Greater Baton Rouge Industry Alliance
- Houston Business Roundtable
- National Center for Construction Education and Research
- Steel Erectors Association of America