CRANE TECHNICIAN (MECHANIC) @ BIGFOOT CRANE
You will have the opportunity to work as a member of our Legendary Crane Service team. Part of the secret sauce of our success is the quality of our service, and you would be an important part of that. We can offer you a position which will challenge you and continue to grow your professional skills. We won’t lie, the work is hard and sometimes it can be long days but if you’re the kind of person who likes to push themselves to be ahead of the rest – then you have what it takes to be Legendary!
Someone with a heavy-duty mechanical background, relevant experience working on machinery – no certifications necessary but a passion for mechanics is a must. Huge bonus if you’ve already worked with Tower Cranes, but previous experience not required.
- Welding or fabrication skills would be fantastic
- Experience with pulley systems is definitely helpful
- If you’ve got some electrical knowledge, along with some hydraulics – that is another bonus
- Great communication skills with the team and site colleagues
- A positive attitude, team spirit, and be able to work closely with our Crane Service team
- A positive ambassador for our brand on job sites
- An ability to remotely assist Client’s on how to trouble-shoot equipment based on standard operating procedures and technical manuals
- An ability to work overtime, sometimes critical jobs require our team to stick with it longer than usual
- Someone who can climb ladders, and comfortable working at heights up to 150 feet in all safe weather conditions
- A candidate with a valid driver’s license and own transportation as some sites aren’t accessible with public transport
- A keen problem-solving ability to diagnose and trouble-shoot mechanical and electronic issues
- Attention to detail, someone who can record the repair story on work orders, noting problems or unusual situations encountered during repairs
- Dedication to safety, by participating in the Bigfoot Crane Safety Program including safety meetings and worksite inspections.
- Someone who takes pride in their work, keeping their tools, equipment and work area clean and functional
- Bonus if you have a current passport allowing entry into the USA, some travel required
- For the right candidate, we’ll put you through our Crane Operator program
- We promote and protect our awesome culture
We are a young company on the move, grow along with us
We offer competitive compensation
- Excellent Benefits Package
- 100% MSP coverage
- We believe in continual professional development for our team members
Why Bigfoot Crane Company?
What we’re looking for:
At Bigfoot, we believe our success begins with the team we build. As a small, diverse, non-union company, we need agile team members keen to grow and work in various aspects of our service business. Continued education and development are a core belief, and we proactively support our crew to reach new heights – literally and figuratively. Our business includes sales, rentals and service for Self-Erecting Tower Cranes, Traditional Tower Cranes, Construction Hoists and Derrick Cranes.
We are a “pitch in” and roll up your sleeves kind of place, cultivating a strong team environment. We actively promote a culture high in honesty and integrity. Legendary Service: It’s what we do.
To apply for this position, please use the form to submit your cover letter and resume. If the form is not behaving please email us at: [email protected]
(emphasis on the cover letter, we want to get to know you!)
Where do you see your career going? Why not enjoy a career with a view….150 feet up!
But only the best can handle this work – is that you?
Ever drive past tower cranes and think “Wow” … or wonder how they work? If you love getting your hands-on machinery, learning what makes them ‘tick’… and are the person who can fix almost anything –then we want to talk to you!
Join Bigfoot Crane Company and be part of the fastest growing Crane company in Western Canada!