Self Erecting Tower Crane Certification Course
Program status: Currently Accepting Applications
The Self-Erecting Tower Crane Operator Certification Course takes 8 days to complete. Upon successful completion, you are fully prepared to be a safe and competent Self-Erecting Tower Crane Operator on any job-site.
Taught by an accomplished Crane and Rigging Instructor, this training program combines in-class content with practical experience. Students receive 3 days of classroom theory and 4 days of hands on practical training with the certification assessment on the last day. The goal of this training program is to equip you for a safe career as a knowledgeable, confident and certified Self-Erecting Tower Crane Operator.
The Self-Erecting Tower Crane Operator Course includes 4 core components:
- Level 1 Rigger Certification,
- Common Crane Core Theory,
- Hands on Practical
- Level A Full Scope Certification
After 8 days, you are fully prepared for your Full Scope Certification theory and practical exams to become a certified crane operator. Upon successful completion of the assessment, you become a certified Full Scope Self-Erecting Crane Operator with no restrictions.
- Pre-operational inspection
- Hazard assessment and incident reporting
- Rigger Certification Course
- Crane load chart interpretation
- Radio communications and hand signals
- Crane maintenance requirements
- Crane erection & dismantle procedures
- Written lift plans for critical lifts
- Equipment logbook
- WorksafeBC Regulations,
- ASME Codesand CSA Standards related to crane safety
Tuition and fees
$15,950.00 + gst (includes all assessment, certification fees and manual)
Assessment is completed by a Fulford Certification assessor, who determines if you pass or fail. After you are certified as a Full Scope Self-Erect Crane Operator, you may begin your career with no operating restrictions.
- Adequate hearing and vision
- Good reading comprehension
- Fluent English
The Self Erecting Tower Crane Operator Certification Course is scheduled on demand. Classes are from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm (with 30 minutes for lunch) from Monday to Friday at Bigfoot Crane Company, 2170 Carpenter Street in Abbotsford B.C.
Click here to download more information about Bigfoot’s Self Erecting Tower Crane Operator Certification Course.