Hoist Operator Training Course
Program status: Currently Accepting Applications
Looking to start your career? You can join the heavy construction industry as a certified hoist operator in less than a week.
Hoist and elevator operators play a crucial role on the job-site, and becoming one is an excellent first step to starting a career in equipment operation. We at Bigfoot are proud to lead the industry with the highest standards in operations, training, and safety.
In our program, you will be trained in the most up-to-date practices in hoist and elevator operation, safety, and industry standards. Our state-of-the-art facilities and equipment set the perfect context for students to learn how to do it right.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the regulations that apply to the safe use of hoists
- Carry out a full pre-start/shift inspection of the hoist and record their findings
- Carry out a full operational inspection of the hoist and record their findings
- Operate the hoist in line with the manufacturer operators’ instructions/manual
- Load the hoist with passengers/goods as per manufacturer’s instructions
- Deliver passengers/goods safely and efficiently
- Stop the hoist at the correct levels
- Correct use of safety gates
- Carry out an emergency lowering task (if company policy allows)
- Keep within safe working parameters of the hoist
- Place the hoist in an out-of-service condition, isolate and secure
- Understand the limitations of use while operating the hoist
- Report any problems or defects.
Assessment & Certification
- At the end of the hoist operator training course the candidate should be able to achieve the required standards of the Technical Safety BC theory exam
- Upon successfully completing the Elevating Devices Operator Exam the candidate will receive an Elevating Devices Operator Certification Card
- Booking the exam and related fees are the candidate’s responsibility
- Students are required to bring a hard hat, safety vest, steel toe boots and weather appropriate
clothing for outdoor days
- Good reading comprehension
- Fluent English
Training At Our Location
This Training Course is scheduled on demand. Classes run for three (3) days and seven (7) hours per day running from 7:30 am to 3:00 pm (with 30 minutes for lunch) from Monday to Friday at Bigfoot Crane Company, 2170 Carpenter Street in Abbotsford B.C.
Training at Your Location
Bigfoot Crane Academy can provide custom training at your location. Maximum number of students for on-site theory and practical training is six (6) employees per session.
Why get your PHCEO certification training from Bigfoot Crane Company?
The Bigfoot training program is carefully designed to prepare graduates for excellence in their field. Our course is one of the best in the country, thanks to our thorough dedication to detail and protocol.
By the end of the Hoist Operator training course, the candidate will be fully equipped to fulfill the set standards of the Technical Safety BC theory exam.